St. Edward School Happenings
Ms. Claren Novotny
In geography, the seventh- and eighth-graders have been learning about the bubonic plague and the Hundred Years’ War.
Mrs. Mary Ann Horner
Both the Seventh and Eighth grades have just completed reading their novels. The Seventh Grade read Old Yeller. The Eighth Grade read The Outsiders. Each of the classes completed different projects for their novels. The Seventh Grade illustrated and described five important scenes from the story. The Eighth Grade created a mosaic poster following a set of criteria.
Ms. Elizabeth Miller
In third, fourth, fifth grade Religion we have been learning about the different parts of the Rosary, our prayers in honor of Mary. We have also been celebrating the season of Advent by praying together the Scripture of the day after we sing together “O Come, Emmanuel”. In Fifth Grade Reading we have started our class novel, “HOLES” by Louis Sachar. We are building vocabulary skills and higher-level thinking skills! In Third grade Reading we have finished “The City of Ember” by Jeanne DuPrau and are looking forward to our creative activity to explore the different concepts of this exciting novel! In Third/Fourth Grade Science we have begun our class discussion about what to do for our class Science Fair project! In Third/Fourth Grade Social we are continuing our study of maps — especially using latitude and longitude.
- Jan. 2 - School resumes - beginning of 3rd quarter/2nd semester Library
- Jan. 3 - School Mass-Grade 5
- Jan. 4 - Manor Visit – Grade 1 & 2 Jan. 9 - Library
- Jan. 10 - School Mass – Grade 3 & 4 Student Council meeting
- Jan. 11 - Manor Visit – Grade 3 & 4
- Jan. 15 - NO School – Staff Development
- Jan. 16 - Education Committee meeting Library
- Jan. 17 - School Mass – Grade 2
- Jan. 18 - Guardian Angel Lunch
- Jan. 19 - AR Prizes