Minneota opens state vs. Houston on Tuesday
The Minneota Vikings girls basketball team will open the Class A state tournament on Tuesday, March 30 against Houston at 5 p.m. at Mankato East High School.
The Vikings (22-0), who are playing in their fourth straight state tournament, were seeded No. 1 among the four South teams. Houston was seeded No. 4 in the North. The winner of that game advances to the semifinal at noon on April 6 at Target Center.
1. 4-N West Central Area vs. 1-N Belgrade-Brooten-Elrosa, 7 p.m. at Perham
2. 3-S Sleepy Eye St. Mary's vs. 2-S Mayer Lutheran, 5 p.m. at Mankato East
3. 1-S Minneota vs. 4-S Houston, 5 p.m. at Mankato East
4. 3-N Cass Lake-Bena vs. 2-N Mt. Iron-Buhl, 4:30 p.m. at Pequot Lakes
SEMIFINALS APRIL 6
at Target Center
5. Winner-1 vs. Winner-2, 10 a.m.
6. Winner-3 vs. Winner-4, noon
CHAMPIONSHIP APRIL 9
At Target Center
7. Winner-5 vs. Winner-6, 1 p.m.