Election 2018: Two council seats open on Minneota City Council
(A former Minneota City Councilwoman, Reisdorfer filed to gain the opening created when current councilman Jerry Teigland did not file.)
1. Why did you file to run for city council? I’d heard we had some people retiring and not running and I just wanted to make sure the city was represented. I like being a part of trying to keep the city up to date and our taxes down.
2. What is your concept of Minneota running its own Ambulance Responder service? I think they did the right thing. North has been pushing buttons for a number of years and it had to come to that. They can’t raise the prices and expect the city to pay that price. It was not a small amount. They were the manager and should have been in charge of hiring.
3. Do you see any future business growth in the community? I’m hoping. I think the county, city and even the state are trying to do the best they can to get people to move into Minneota.
4. What do you feel needs the most attention in Minneota? We need to get things up to date and try and keep our tax base down. We may have to cut in one area to do jobs in another. I think Minneota is a well-run community. We do quite well for a community our size.
1. Why did you file to run for city council? I ran for city council because I care about our community and would like to be able to help.
2. What is your concept of Minneota running its own Ambulance Responder service? I hope the volunteer First Responders system works for our community.
3. Do you see any future business growth in the community? As a council/EDA member I support and encourage new business and growth in our existing businesses.
4. What do you feel needs the most attention in Minneota? Continuing to update/upgrade the city infrastructure.