I was browsing on Facebook and found this wonderful recipe posted by Bill Bolt. I asked him if I could use the recipe in my column this week and he agreed. So enjoy!
Beef & Cabbage Soup
- 1-2 pounds hamburger cooked, seasoned and drained
- 1 whole cabbage cut in to medium chunks
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 2 beef bullion cubes black pepper to taste Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can jalapeno corn or regular corn
1) Use one large sauce pan. Use the amount of water you like for the thickness you prefer. For those who needed a measurement I used an approximation. And for the other spices are an approximation too.
2) Cook hamburger and add seasoning. Put rest of ingredients in large pot. (The seasoning is to season to taste. Bill must cook like me, a little dash of this and a little dash of that.) Taste as you go!