Are you looking for an alternative to stuffing this year? Well, have I got a recipe for you found at delish.com.
This stuffing substitutes cauliflower for the breading. This would be perfect for those who are avoiding gluten this holiday season.
Best-Ever Cauliflower Stuffing
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup (8-oz.) package baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped sage (or 1 teaspoon ground sage)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
1) In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, carrot, and celery and sauté until soft, 7 to 8 minutes.
2) Add cauliflower and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes more.
3) Add parsley, rosemary, and sage and stir until combined. Pour over broth and cook until totally tender and liquid is absorbed, 10 minutes.
Notes: If you like stuffing with a crispy top, broil the casserole for 2-5 minutes after it’s finished cooking on the stove.
Yield: 6 servings