Meatloaf on a bun
I guess I am not the only one that loves a good meatloaf sandwich. I found this recipe from myrecipes.com. This recipe has a little kick to it.
Bacon Meatloaf Burgers
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder pinch dried thyme (optional) cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup chopped cooked bacon (optional)
- 1 pound ground beef (85% lean)
Whisk egg, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl. Add bread crumbs and chopped cooked bacon. Crumble in the ground beef. Mix with your fingers until bacon and bread crumbs are distributed evenly. Form mixture into 4 burgers with your wet hands. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled thoroughly, about 3 hours.
Recipe Note: I don’t usually cook these on the grill because they tend to fall apart. I pan fry these and they come out great. I also don’t refrigerate so that may be the reason the burgers fall apart on the grill. If you do grill these, make sure they are cooked thoroughly.