One should have a snack whenever they have coffee guests. So here is a Biscotti made with popcorn. Try this and many more great recipes at the popcorn.org website.
Chocolate Popcorn Biscotti
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 cups air-popped popcorn, ground in food processor or blender
- 2 1/4-2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
3. Combine egg substitute, vanilla, and 1 cup sugar in large bowl; mix well.
4. Add popcorn, flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder and mix well; dough will be stiff but continue mixing until all ingredients are well combined.
5. Sprinkle remaining sugar on work surface; divide dough into 3 equal pieces. 6. Roll dough into 8” by 4” by ½” logs and roll in sugar lightly on all sides.
7. Transfer logs to baking sheet, leaving a space between them.
8. Bake 25-30 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and allow “logs” to cool for 5 minutes.
10. Cut logs diagonally into ½ inch slices.
11. Arrange in a single layer on baking sheet.
12. Bake 10 minutes; turn cookies over and bake 5-10 minutes longer until lightly browned and crisp on both sides.
13. Cool cookies and store in airtight container