Who doesn’t like a cool dessert on a hot summer day? This dessert may take a few minutes of oven time and boiling of water but the results will make it worth it!
Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzels 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 8 ounce frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (3 oz.) packages strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh strawberries
1) Mix together pretzels, butter and 3 tablespoons sugar. Press on bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 400° for 7 minutes. Watch closely so it doesn’t burn. Let cool.
2) Use a electric mixer to beat together the cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over pretzel crust. Make sure it covers all of the pretzel crust. This will keep the gelatin layer from seeping down.
3) Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4) Combine the 2 packages of strawberry gelatin (or 1 package of 6 oz. gelatin) and 2 cups of boiling water. Stir until gelatin dissolves completely. Add the strawberries. Refrigerate for about 5 minutes and then pour on top of cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate overnight.