Ask the Chief

Relationship Issues

Far more often than you might think, law enforcement officers are called upon to help people who experience relationship issues.

The relationships may be parent/child, or husband/wife, or neighbors. In the majority of these calls, a crime has yet to occur, however, if the issues are left unresolved criminal behavior may happen.

A child may runway. A spouse may assault their loved one.

A neighbor may damage property. If you know of someone who is having relationships issues, I encourage you to pay attention.

If the relationship is toxic or volatile, intervene by talking to your friend and encouraging them to get help. Help can occur via mediation, therapy and having friend simply listen.

These relationships are like volcanos.

You don't know when they will erupt and hurt people, but you can see the warning signs if you know what to look for. If you would like more information, please contact me.

Contact Us

The Minneota Mascot
Address: 201 N. Jefferson
Minneota, MN 56264

Phone:(507) 872-6492